Re: [asa] a creationist on the hiddenness of God

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Thu May 07 2009 - 16:02:40 EDT

It strikes me that the perception of God in the world is only through
grace. This gift may be rejected, leading in antiquity generally to
polytheism, as Paul notes, but also to animism, dualism, pantheism, etc.
Nowadays it seems to lead mostly to atheism. The ancients seemed to
recognize that they were subject to something beyond themselves. Now we
seem to think we are bright and knowledgeable enough to be
self-sufficient to control all of nature, assumed to be all there is.
Dave (ASA)