RE: [asa] fall of Satan logic questions (racism)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Thu May 07 2009 - 10:32:11 EDT

"Ethics, well, they just 'don't evolve' in so far as they are not biological or otherwise 'natural' things."

All of these ethics have evolved (changed for the better):
-- Slavery (was universally condoned, now shunned by developed nations)
-- Women's rights (equal pay for equal work, for example)
-- Minority rights (for African Americans, as an example)

That's a small listing. Another huge category is Military operations. Example: carpet-bombing a city was a natural tool of war- now it is denounced as immoral (replaced with "surgical strikes"). Notice the negative connotation of WMD... probably used to be good as a show of strength, as "we have WMD's, don't mess with us!"

You can't put religion in science because there is no common understanding of religion. There are different religions, and different flavors within religions (Catholic, Protestant, Pentecostal, etc.). There's also no way to measure anything with religion, because it is super-natural (it has to be natural to measure).

,,,Bernie