RE: [asa] fall of Satan logic questions

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Thu May 07 2009 - 10:13:14 EDT

Merv said:
"But here's another thought --- how is this for consistency? If you
create a universe and inhabit it with sentient species, then you get to
make the rules, call the shots, and even make life & death decisions
since you are its creator. You aren't the creator of this universe, so
you don't have that right. Creator is allowed. Created are not. You
want to play God? Get your own universe. --and good luck."

Your point is that God can do whatever He wants, and whatever He does is called "holy" and "good" because it comes from Him. A contrary view is that there is absolute good, and God does that because He is good. I like the second better- because it is logical and reasonable. God gave us brains, and I think He is proud of us when we use them. We can't use our brains if the definition of God doesn't derive from logic and common sense... or runs contrary to logic. Therefore the "problem of pain" is a decent and honest question- the solution is to answer it correctly rather than dodge the question.

...Bernie