Re: [asa] Is God a big meanie?

From: Jack <drsyme@verizon.net>
Date: Tue May 05 2009 - 14:54:24 EDT

"Since killing (and the associated pain) is evil"

Why is this evil?  Pain is fundamentally a type of nerve receptor (nociceptive) that tells the organism, "Hey there is something wrong here!  You better move/pull your finger out/stop doing whatever you were doing/go to the doctor"  I see nothing inherently evil about that.