Re: [asa] what is a theologian?

From: Ted Davis <TDavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Tue May 05 2009 - 10:07:57 EDT

OK, Cameron, I cry "uncle."

Your point is well taken. I did grant that Coppleston and Gilson were
major modern Christian thinkers, and that does count for something here.
They certainly knew enough about modern theology to comment on it helpfully,
and that's probably the substance of your point, which I grant.

I also comment on modern theology from time to time, and I'm not a
theologian by any reasonable definition.

Ted