RE: [asa] No Adam?

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Mon May 04 2009 - 21:19:04 EDT

I agree with David. Whether mankind descended from apes is one subject.
Whether the man, Adam, was an historical figure or not is another subject
separate and unrelated.

The Akkadians and Sumerians date to about the same time period. The
Akkadians look to Adam as their forefather. The Sumerians were unrelated in
the immediate sense but all men are related if we go back far enough.

I don't know if Adam had natural parents or not. But either way it has no
impact assuming there was intermarriage between the Adamites and the
indigenous human populations.

If Adam was the first to be accountable to God for his actions and he
couldn't fulfill that role then that explains the "fall." The consequences
extend to all mankind.

Dick Fischer, author, lecturer
Historical Genesis from Adam to Abraham
www.historicalgenesis.com