Re: [asa] Storming Young-Earth Creationism

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 04 2009 - 17:26:37 EDT

> Also of interest is that the author is (1) a geologist and (2) works for Liberty University.
> My understanding is that Liberty University holds YEC as a faith position. I may be wrong on this, of course.

The posting for the job that Ross holds wanted a YEC position, at any
rate. Ross has earned legitimate geology PhD, while maintaining a
personal YEC view, rather like Kurt Wise.

It may be worth noting that Davis Young has addressed several of the
points that Ross raises in his other books. It's open to question
whether a book on the geological evidence can properly be faulted for
not addressing other issues. However, it does highlight the fact that
YEC must be addressed primarily on the theological and exegetical
issues.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections