[asa] question about Eve and DNA

From: Ted Davis <TDavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Mon May 04 2009 - 14:00:28 EDT

Someone not on the ASA list asked me a question that I will edit and post
here, with his permission. I will forward comments to him privately.

Ted

****

Here is the question, as I have slightly reworded it:

Has any Christian biologist explored the potential link between Rom. 5:12
and Mitochondrial Eve and/or Y-Chromosome Adam? Rom. 5:12 should probably
read: "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and
death through sin, also thus it began to spread to all men on the basis of
which all sin." So
a link between Eve's DNA and/or Adam's DNA might provide some scientific
support for the source of indwelling sin in the human families of the
world, as well as the need and efficacy for a virgin birth. Arthur
Custance, wrote "The Seed of the Woman" that explored some of these ideas.
But he wrote in 1980, well before the progress in DNA testing and analyses
blossomed.

If anyone has comments on this, I'll forward them.

Ted