Re: [asa] No Adam?

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 04 2009 - 11:17:30 EDT

On 5/2/09, Merv Bitikofer <mrb22667@kansas.net> wrote:

"But it would be impossible and useless for us to identify the day and
hour that this "switch" happened and we became literate."

It might be "useless," but I can clearly remember that day and hour.
It was late evening; I was riding in the back seat as my parents drove
home. We passed the Ford dealer and I spelled out the sign -- F O R D
-- and ask dad what it said. When he told me it was like a veil being
lifted! Letters spelled out real words, and I could decode them! I
made a real pest of myself on the rest of the way home! I could read!

I have never quit!

Burgy