Re: [asa] Explainability of hydrogen atom

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Fri May 01 2009 - 16:14:54 EDT

There are various technicalities & matters of terminology that one could
quibble about but the simple answer to both questions is "Yes" - if you add
to the presuppositions about the electron & proton the equations of quantum
theory, including QED. I assume that when you refer to "the hydrogen atom"
you're only considering it as a bound system. If not then you have to
consider the positive energy states so that the energy levels & resulting
radiation are not discrete.

Shalom
George