Re: [asa]

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 01 2009 - 16:02:22 EDT

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 8:14 AM, John Burgeson (ASA member) <
hossradbourne@gmail.com> wrote:

> So far the best source I've seen is RealClimate.org for a discussion list.
>
> I'm always looking for better sources -- or at least different ones. I
> heard of one called www.climateprogress.org yesterday -- it's on my
> list to look up. There are a lot of anti-IPCC sites -- all I have seen
> are regurgitating arguments already rejected and/or just telling
> falsities. There may be some which are reputable; I have not been able
> to find them. I have three skeptical friends -- I keep challenging
> them to find one but so far nada.

The fundamental difference between realclimate and climateprogress is the
latter is an advocacy site run by the left-leaning Center for American
Progress Action Fund. Another advocacy site is gristmill.grist.org.
Realclimate is more of a pure science site. Deltoid on scienceblogs is also
like it. Hope this helps.

Rich Blinne
Member ASA