RE: [asa] a little quiz about YEC

From: Jon Tandy <tandyland@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri May 01 2009 - 15:06:15 EDT

Before seeing anyone else's guesses, my guess is Henry Morris.

I'm not sure it's a fair comparison between the two statements, though. The
one says "YEC conception of history" vs. the other statement is
"Creation-science does not include as essential parts". One might say (to
Ken Ham's chagrin) that it's not essential to hold these particular views,
but yet hold them anyway as part of their "conception" of what is true and
right. However, I'd guess that there might easily be a bit of equivocation
on this point, because if someone who says these things aren't "essential"
is pushed in a corner, he would defend them with religious zeal, as if the
gospel depended on it. But I could be wrong. Also, depending on who is
framing the argument and for what venue, they might differ on what is
essential to maintain.

Jon Tandy