Re: [asa] a little quiz about YEC

From: <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Fri May 01 2009 - 11:47:20 EDT

The two definitions at first strike me as contradictory, but on closer reading,
the only apparent contradictions I see regards the age of creation (unless there
is some word play over "inception"; and the inclusion or necessity of
"catastrophism". The first definition would have to be referring to the flood
when he says "global catastrophe", right? But regarding the second, does
anybody know of a young-earth-creationism that does NOT include the flood as
essential? And are young-earth-creationism and "creation science" identical?

I really have no idea who wrote the second, unless --trying to second-guess your
quiz strategy here, you are going to surprise us by saying they were written by
the same person even though they sound so contradictory.

--Merv