Re: Easter & Christmas (was RE: [asa] Noah's Ark- the debate over floods... and biblical interpretation)

From: David Campbell <>
Date: Fri Apr 10 2009 - 16:02:33 EDT

> Anyway the only animals we have had in church this Holy Week have been a
> pony as a donkey substitute on Palm Sunday (It came into church with a child
> sitting on it followed by children and went right up to the chancel
> steps)and a life size model of a yearling lamb to be tied into the last
> supper - the Lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world.

Too many animals in church certainly can be a problem. Many years
ago, a large church near where my parents live decided to go for a
spectacular Christmas pageant, recruiting someone from a local zoo
specializing in trained wild animals. As a result, the scene in
Herod's palace featured the exotic Oriental touch of a tame lion.
While shepherds watched their flocks of real sheep in a classroom,
waiting for their cue, a whiff of lion came through the air system.
The sheep were sore afraid and the classroom got new carpet.

Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections
University of Alabama
To unsubscribe, send a message to with