Re: [asa] Re: Renewable energy

From: David Clounch <david.clounch@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 31 2009 - 17:44:57 EDT

> And given that coal plants expose their communities to more radiation than
> nuclear plants do, it would seem grounds for suspecting our national fear of
> nuclear (energy) may not be entirely consistent or rational.

This is true. I had a physics professor who gave lectures on this subject.
His research also involved a device that pumped air through a filter/trap
which he then measured each day for radiation. He would often publish data
on Asian nuclear tests because we would get radiation spikes in California
a few days later.

I also work with a fellow who was a navy nuclear technician. He spent the
last year telling us about reactor designs. He knows the model numbers of
reactors deployed around the world and which designs are easy to operate.
For being a very left wing and green type of fellow he is the exact
opposite on nuclear energy. He says its time to invest in nuclear.