RE: [asa] Apparent age - why rely on science?

From: George Cooper <georgecooper@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon Mar 30 2009 - 18:49:44 EDT

I suspect the YEC scientific claims are more meant to sew doubt in the credibility of mainstream science, as opposed to be fully convinced their scientific interpretation of the evidence is all that correct. Demonstrating alternatives that create confusion opens the door to plausibility for their religious position. Plausibility is what is important. A religious position can not afford to look silly, at least not for very long. Ask Zeus. :) Building a museum that articulates their views takes it up a notch, at least in their mind, no doubt.

They "know" their religious view is right, so mainstream science has to be wrong. How often will they say their view is an "interpretation" of scripture? Not often, unfortunately.

No one is responding to my earlier gently thrown gauntlet, I see.

"Coope"