[asa] Texas again

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 30 2009 - 18:01:34 EDT

More news about the State in which I reside:

... Evolution wasn’t the only target of social conservatives on the
Texas State Board of Education this week. New public school science
curriculum standards approved by the board also weaken instruction on
climate change.

Board Chairman Don McLeroy told a reporter that he thinks the
standards, including a measure suggesting there is no scientific
consensus on global warming, “perfectly good”:

"Conservatives like me think the evidence (for human contributions to
global warming) is a bunch of hooey."

As with evolution, however, the mainstream scientific community thinks
McLeroy’s position is “hooey.”

The two issues, evolution and AGW, are beginning to be tightly coupled
in the minds of many Texans. Oppose one; oppose both. It is a sad
situation.

--
Burgy
www.burgy.50megs.com