Re: [asa] Yes -- the YECs are still winning

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 30 2009 - 17:02:40 EDT

On 3/30/09, wjp <wjp@swcp.com> wrote:
> Dave:
>
> Just curious. Do you really believe you were "lied" to?
> Do you believe YEC's are dishonest people, attempting to deceive?
> That would entail that they know the truth, but say something
> different.

FWIW, I had some fairly much "in depth" conversations with Morris,
Gish and Ham back in 1988. I was convinced then that they were NOT
being dishonest -- that they held their positions honestly and were
not consciously lying to anybody.

I continue to follow ICR through their Acts and Facts monthly
magazine. Their world view informs their science and I think, in this,
they are still acting with honesty.

That having been said, I consider them both utterly wrong and a
definite detriment to the Christian faith., both incenting some young
Christians to eschew science as a profession and leading others to
throw out Christianity altogether when they discover in college that
the facts of our world don't fit the ICR views.

Burgy