Re: [asa] Yes -- the YECs are still winning

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Mon Mar 30 2009 - 16:35:57 EDT

How do you prove that there is objective reality? Solipsism is possible.
But nobody (at least nobody who is trying to communicate) believe that
(s)he alone exists, with everything perceived merely their imagination.
Note that there is also the common assumption that the world is as we
perceive it. I know of a man, living in Hawaii, who was asked by his wife
to get her a hibiscus to wear Hawaiian style. He looked out the door and
reported that there were none. She looked out and saw a long hedge
covered with brilliant red blossoms. He was colorblind. Naive realism
leads to problems.
Dave (ASA)

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:48:18 -0500 David Clounch