Re: [asa] Peak Coal?

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 30 2009 - 16:21:28 EDT

An article that may be of interest on coal peaking, pollution, etc.:
Isaac J. Wistar. 1892. Remarks on the Quantity, Rate of Consumption
and Probable Duration of North American Coal, and the Consequence to
Air-Breathing Animals of Its Entire Combustion Remarks on the
Quantity, Rate of Consumption and Probable Duration of North American
Coal, and the Consequence to Air-Breathing Animals of Its Entire
Combustion. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of
Philadelphia, Vol. 44, pp. 82-97.

He didn't think electricity had much promise and estimated that coal
would last for about 3 generations. Obviously there's a lot fo new
data, but it's interesting to see someone thinking about such issues
back then.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections