Re: [asa] Yes -- the YECs are still winning

From: Ted Davis <>
Date: Mon Mar 30 2009 - 08:44:38 EDT

>>> David Clounch <> 3/29/2009 7:58 PM >>> asks:

One must ask, is there a form of YEC that teaches that the earth is young
but the universe old? That seems to be the only chance YEC has of being
congruent with objective reality.

Ted replies:

Yes, but it's not the AIG or CRS variety. The variant is known as the
"young biosphere" view. I have met electronically only one or two
proponents, but they do exist. Interestingly, one early proponent was
George McCready Price, who at one point (around the Second World War, if I
recall correctly) that the universe might be perhaps 100,000 years old but
that life was only a few thousand years old. Obviously that won't do it,
and neither will any other young biosphere view since the science calls for
millions of years of large organisms--"nephesh creatures," as the YECs like
to call them--who antedate our arrival on the earth and thus go against the
fundamental belief of no death prior to the fall.

To unsubscribe, send a message to with