Re: [asa] Yes -- the YECs are still winning

From: wjp <wjp@swcp.com>
Date: Mon Mar 30 2009 - 01:07:08 EDT

Bernie & Wayne:

Two points.

1) Bernie you're crazy. No one I know gives a rip about the ASA, even if they
have heard about them. The ASA's position would have no affect upon anyone.
What will have more affect is an individual within a given church. But the
ASA as an organization is irrelevant except to people in ASA.

2) Wayne I appreciate your attitude more than most. But I've still got a bone
to pick with you, the same bone I'm picking on with everyone. You argue
that a person who believes in an old world and evolutionary theory as presently
construed and is "committed to Christ" can serve as a witness to the possibility
of conjoining the two, something the YEC fears is not possible, or not
easily balanced. I suggest, however, that you presume too much. History has
admirably demonstrated that the intentions of the fathers are worked out in
detail by their children. Perhaps it is possible for this to be true of you,
and yet that in succeeding generations it will be found to demolish Christianity.
This is certainly what the like of Dawkins believes.

bill powers