Re: graviton (was Re: [asa] Re: Scientific stupidities part 2)

From: Kirk Bertsche <Bertsche@aol.com>
Date: Fri Mar 27 2009 - 18:33:39 EDT

George,

I doubt that Roy Rand is the guy Glenn was thinking of. Since about
1981 Roy has been involved in fast CT scanning at Imatron. He was
recently named a finalist in the "APS 2009 Prize for the Industrial
Applications of Physics." (http://www.aps.org/programs/honors/prizes/
indusfinalists.cfm) The technology he invented was technically very
elegant (http://www.google.com/patents?id=YIIbAAAAEBAJ), but it never
really took off. (I had a job interview with him in about 1990 and
know a couple guys who worked for him.)

Kirk