Re: [asa] Renewable energy

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 26 2009 - 15:16:33 EDT

Thanks for the link!

Now there's a name I haven't heard for a while.

It may be of interest to list members to know that David J C MacKay is
the son of Donald MacKay, of "The Clockwork Image" fame.

I knew his elder sister Janet quite well, as she was contemporary with
me at Cambridge and a member of the college Christian Union.

David is some years younger - he is also one of the brightest leading
lights in my field of neural networks and machine learning. His PhD,
on Bayesian methods for regression with neural network was literally
published in five consecutive papers in one of the leading journals in
the field, Neural Computation.

Iain