Re: [asa] The fight in Texas over evolution training in schools

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Wed Mar 25 2009 - 21:58:10 EDT

Bull roar, Randy. You wrote:
>>Well said, Rich. You said "Until they get published in a peer-reviewed journal in the area of question they have not earned the right to be listened to and definitely not the right to be included in a science class at the high school level."<<<

  This is elitism at its best. Do you have any idea how hard it was for anthropologists who believed in a pre-clovis habitation of North America to be published? Yet they turned out to be correct. Science didn't used to be done via peer review. People earn the right to be heard by being human not by passing some conformance test set up by funding groups who won't allow anyone with a differing view to be published. Below is a set of peer review stupidities and places where the scientific consensus of the day was wrong. it is long, but you can read what ever of it you want to read. Scientists arrogantly think they have the right to censor other people's thoughts and ideas.

Thi