Re: [asa] Ted Davis' Syllabus

From: Keith Miller <kbmill@ksu.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 25 2009 - 17:49:34 EDT

For those interested:

I thought that I might mention in the context of this thread, that I
have an article in the Journal of College Science Teaching that
discusses the development of an undergraduate general education
course that presents science together with input from philosophy and
the humanities. It is a truly interdisciplinary course and is team
taught.

Miller, K.B. and Totten, I., 2009, Developing and implementing an
interdisciplinary origins course at a state university, Journal of
College Science Teaching, v.38, no.4, p.24-29.

I am a very strong proponent of teaching science with an historical/
cultural component. Practically implementing this in courses is a
challenge.

Keith