Re: [asa] Re: Glenn's blog post

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 25 2009 - 17:32:51 EDT

> Secondly,  doesnt' it bother you that the deuterium temperature of the
> Vostok Ice core clearly shows that the world was hotter from 3000-10,000
> years ago than it is now, yet none of this makes it into the headlines of
> all the press releases of how we are going to kill the world with our CO2?
> Shouldn't science deal with contrary data?

The problem of present-day global warming is not the absolute
temperature but rather the rate of change. It doesn't matter whether
it was somewhat warmer in the early Holocene; what does matter is that
climate, ocean acidity, etc. are changing faster than many organisms
(including many humans) can easily adjust.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections