Re: [asa] Re: Glenn's blog post

From: David Campbell <>
Date: Wed Mar 25 2009 - 17:32:51 EDT

> Secondly,  doesnt' it bother you that the deuterium temperature of the
> Vostok Ice core clearly shows that the world was hotter from 3000-10,000
> years ago than it is now, yet none of this makes it into the headlines of
> all the press releases of how we are going to kill the world with our CO2?
> Shouldn't science deal with contrary data?

The problem of present-day global warming is not the absolute
temperature but rather the rate of change. It doesn't matter whether
it was somewhat warmer in the early Holocene; what does matter is that
climate, ocean acidity, etc. are changing faster than many organisms
(including many humans) can easily adjust.

Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections
University of Alabama
To unsubscribe, send a message to with