RE: [asa] The fight in Texas over evolution training in schools

From: George Cooper <georgecooper@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed Mar 25 2009 - 12:52:39 EDT

I wonder if there is any person that serves in demonstrating the arguments
of what science is and what it is not than Galileo, right?

On a side note, I read (Stillman Drake, I think) that Galileo's work with
his father, a musician and musical theorists, involved hanging weights on
stringed instruments that may have lead to his pendulum views, and not,
necessarily, so much of the swinging church lamp. Any idea if this has
merit?

"Coope"