Re: [asa] Peak Coal?

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 24 2009 - 10:24:29 EDT

" (uranium reserves are also production limited so don't look to nuclear)"

The latest I have seen argues that new designs of nuclear plants (fast
breeder, etc.) may be the answer here -- they use uranium and other
fuels much more slowly than the present designs. Joseph Schuster, in
BEYOND FOSSIL FOOLS, argues that nuclear can be the best answer, at
least out through 2040 (he sees solar as the 2100 solution).

Your comments on coal seem to be in line with other sources I have seen.

jb

--
Burgy
www.burgy.50megs.com