Re: [asa] Re: Glenn's blog post

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Mon Mar 23 2009 - 21:00:33 EDT

Burgy wrote:

> And its NOT THE HEADLINES that count! It is getting this data in front
> of reputable climate scientists. While there are several on the ASA
> list who are interested in all this (I am at best semi-interested, for
> I think there are greater problems than AGW to overcome), I don't know
> how many would claim any particular expertise. Make the argument on
> RealClimate.org -- or some other site where IPCC people hang out. And
> do so w/o confrontation. For instance, you write "Doesn't it bother
> you..." and "yet none of this makes it into the headlines..." and
> "Shouldn't science deal with contrary evidence?" Such words are (1)
> unnecessary and (2) counter-productive in prpoerly framing a question.

Well, both you and I have mentioned it at Realclimate. org and no one seems
to be interested in pointing out where I am wrong. Maybe it is because my
critique of the raw data is correct and they know it. The raw data for
temperature measurement is so bad that as Gordie told us at the ranch, we
can't know what the global temperature is doing.