Re: [asa] A question on Genesis

From: Preston Garrison <pngarrison@att.net>
Date: Mon Mar 23 2009 - 18:50:57 EDT

>This is not to say that no harmonizations of such texts are
>appropriate. But it should be theological harmonization rather than
>historical.
>
>Shalom
>George
>http://home.roadrunner.com/~scitheologyglm

The reason I think we should look for coherence in the story and very
likely a single author who used source materials is because the
theological perspective seems to be consistent. It looks like someone
put it together to tell a set of related stories from a very
consistent theological perspective, just as Dante and Milton did.

Preston