Re: [asa] Re: Glenn's blog post

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 23 2009 - 10:08:51 EDT

Glenn asked: "Secondly, doesnt' it bother you that the deuterium
temperature of the Vostok Ice core clearly shows that the world was
hotter from 3000-10,000 years ago than it is now, yet none of this
makes it into the headlines of all the press releases of how we are
going to kill the world with our CO2? Shouldn't science deal with
contrary data? http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Lxqre8hMG3M/ScVFLeQU7QI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/GtEJpuLr2t8/s1600-h/WeatherVostokPostglacialTemp.jpg

My answer is still the same. I claim no expertise in this matter. To
me, it's just a data point among many.

And its NOT THE HEADLINES that count! It is getting this data in front
of reputable climate scientists. While there are several on the ASA
list who are interested in all this (I am at best semi-interested, for
I think there are greater problems than AGW to overcome), I don't know
how many would claim any particular expertise. Make the argument on
RealClimate.org -- or some other site where IPCC people hang out. And
do so w/o confrontation. For instance, you write "Doesn't it bother
you..." and "yet none of this makes it into the headlines..." and
"Shouldn't science deal with contrary evidence?" Such words are (1)
unnecessary and (2) counter-productive in prpoerly framing a question.

--
Burgy
www.burgy.50megs.com