Re: [asa] The Daily Me

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 23 2009 - 09:28:57 EDT

The points raised in this thread incline me to YELL --- "RATS"!

"Read All The Screen."

In particular, read and listent to those who support causes and
worldviews opposite to your own. (It is why I still sometimes tune in
Rush and Hannity on the radio). Of course, there are more credible
sources than those two,

I, too, have some friends at church who deplore the "liberal media."
And Sunday I had to listen to our PCUSA asssociate minister give a
"Conservative prayer," in which he implied the current gov't plans
were dreck (they MAY BE; but that's a debating point) and AGW was not
an issue because "climate is always changing." And that the almighty
would, presumably with his directive help, keep our planet safe from
harm.

It is also reasonable to encourage those who pontificate on internet
blogs to tone down their rhetoric and, when an opposing view appears,
treat it with respect. (I know -- I don't follow my own advice when a
YEC appears here. Mea culpa.)

Burgy