Re: [asa] Adios, ASA List

From: wjp <wjp@swcp.com>
Date: Thu Mar 19 2009 - 08:41:57 EDT

I would agree that there is a tension created by modern science that tends
to encourage a reassessment of Scripture and Christian doctrine, and that
there are a number of ways in which to respond, including reassessing
the derivatives of science.

I am on this list primarily because I am interested in observing how those
who have made some of these "reinterpretations" deal with, in some cases,
radical alterations to Christian doctrine (e.g., original sin, the Fall, order of
creation, image of God, special divine action).

Otherwise, I am pretty much relic of the ancient past, which doesn't bother
me since I am that way in almost every other aspect of my life, including
farming (which is one of the reasons I retired from a lucrative career).

bill powers
now farming in White, SD