Re: [asa] scientific fact vs. ideology?

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 22:52:05 EDT

There is no "me" in the computer. As I recall, Hawking noted that the
most advanced computers do not have the intelligence of an earthworm. It
may be slightly better now, for computers have been improved over the
decade or so. But there is no cogito with any creature much more advanced
than an earthworm.

Note that responding to an address is not recognition of existence.
Dave (ASA)