RE: [asa] Adios, ASA List (Heat in the kitchen)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 16:22:05 EDT

"If you can't stand the heat...". Jesus said something similar- such as that if you are the kind that looks back you aren't fit.

Luke 9:62

Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

Also the parable of the sower- seed in shallow soil fried by the Sun (it couldn't take the heat).

Also, the 'timid' or 'cowards' are not fit for heaven:

Rev. 21:

 6He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars-their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

I'm not saying David or anyone else is a coward, afraid of the heat, etc.

I think everyone agrees that people on this list should be Christ-like (that means not rude). We don't need unnecessary heat.

However, everyone should also be free to express their opinion and people shouldn't be thin-skinned and get upset because others don't agree with them or recognize their supreme authority (and brilliance) on all things religious and scientific. If everyone just offered their own humble opinion, how can that upset any person? Oh, but some readers may get led astray. That's a bad thought- instead leave it up to God and the Holy Spirit to direct people. Just give your opinion for consideration.

We've had the same problem in my science/religion discussion group. The breakthrough is in realizing we can all share our own opinions, and we don't have to worry about having the last word, others being mislead, being recognized as being right, etc.

,,,Bernie