Re: [asa] Adios, ASA List (fwd)

From: gordon brown <Gordon.Brown@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 13:10:10 EDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:02:52 -0400
From: Jeffrey Koperski <>
To: Gordon.Brown@Colorado.EDU
Subject: Re: [asa] Adios, ASA List

       A nonmember who joins the list may think that he or she is
       only outsider on the list and judges the ASA by what is said
       on the list.
       I wonder how many might be discouraged from joining because
       of this
       seeming lack of diversity.

I'm one. As a non-member who reads this forum fairly regularly, I
thought David consistently presented some of the very best comments. His
loss makes this list and the ASA itself much less attractive. While I
had recently considered joining the ASA, I doubt that I will do so in the
near future.

Please feel free to forward this message to the list, if you wish.

  Jeffrey Koperski
  Professor of Philosophy
  Saginaw Valley State University
To unsubscribe, send a message to with