Re: [asa] Adios, ASA List (fwd)

From: gordon brown <Gordon.Brown@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 13:10:10 EDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:02:52 -0400
From: Jeffrey Koperski <koperski@svsu.edu>
To: Gordon.Brown@Colorado.EDU
Subject: Re: [asa] Adios, ASA List

       A nonmember who joins the list may think that he or she is
       the
       only outsider on the list and judges the ASA by what is said
       on the list.
       I wonder how many might be discouraged from joining because
       of this
       seeming lack of diversity.

I'm one. As a non-member who reads this forum fairly regularly, I
thought David consistently presented some of the very best comments. His
loss makes this list and the ASA itself much less attractive. While I
had recently considered joining the ASA, I doubt that I will do so in the
near future.

Please feel free to forward this message to the list, if you wish.

--Jeff

--
  Jeffrey Koperski
  Professor of Philosophy