RE: [asa] Adios, ASA List

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 12:04:56 EDT

Respectfully, David and Gordon, I disagree. Finding the right answer in the
long run is more important than are ruffled feathers or trampled
sensibilities. Consider those organizations that find themselves stuck in
flawed apologetics where members and former members suffer from
disillusionment, and some leave the Christian faith altogether. Who would
depart this list, even with all our occasional verbal harangues, and become
an atheist or agnostic?

Truth has an importance for its own sake, but if in addition it can advance
the gospel message then let's continue our search for it and put aside our
petty personal grievances. I have spent a ton of energy and am prepared to
invest more just to be a voice for correcting our out-of-date methods of
reconciling Bible and science. If one can't take the heat ., and you know
the rest of that quote.

Dick Fischer, GPA president

Genesis Proclaimed Association

www.genesisproclaimed.org