Re: [asa] scientific fact vs. ideology?

From: David Clounch <david.clounch@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 09:44:13 EDT

George,

The real question is whether those with power are going to ignore everyone
who believes in any kind of creator.

-Dave C

PS,
My take on all this comes more from the recent Weissman Perkins debate on
Nightline. Weissman speaks for the national academy of science, and while he
says elected policy makers should be in charge that is exactly what Perkins
asked for too, and Weissman disagrees with him. When Weissman was asked who
really was going to govern this his answer was the NIH but then he didn't
have any answer to the question of who oversees them. Weissman looked very
angry and seemed to be looking down his nose with derision at Perkins. So I
be very surprised to learn that Weissman is open to notions of "God as the
creator and governor of the real world". Why should he listen to anyone on
this list any more than he would listen to Perkins?