Re: [asa] scientific fact vs. ideology?

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Mon Mar 16 2009 - 20:10:34 EDT

AGAIN - I have not heard anyone who has participated in this discussion on
the list say that the issue of ESCR should be "left up to science."
Everyone has agreed that it is not just a scientific but an ethical issue -
& of course for Christians ethics should be informed by theology. The
question is rather whether our ethical reflections should take scientific
knowledge seriously and be open to changing long-held views if the
scientific evidence warrants it. The theology that informs our ethics
should be theology that understands God as the creator and governor of the
real world, the same world that science explores.

Shalom
George