[asa] ...for what it's worth, now...

From: Merv Bitikofer <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Mon Mar 16 2009 - 11:16:34 EDT

Maybe this is too little, but some of us lurkers have benefited from
hearing your opinions expressed on this subject. And, for the record,
I'm in total agreement with your critical assessment of Obama's speech
regarding ESCR. Granted, I haven't spent the time on this subject
line that you've invested in writing/responding and I probably haven't
seen or paid attention to all the vitriol that may have justified your
response here. (A luxury of a lurker is their selective attention.)
But PLEASE keep this in mind: When you leave (if for more than a needed
or earned break) then you may leave the balance of presented views here
even more tilted towards any apparently opposing views. I wasn't under
the impression that you were "standing alone" --I thought I saw serious
agreement and consideration from at least some other key list
participants. But if you felt that you were, I gladly would have chimed
in with moral support for much of your underlying position. I just
didn't feel as knowledgeable or invested in the subject to speak with
any authority on it. That's why I do pay some attention to this list
and why it's important that we not lose voices like yours. If you must
leave, hopefully it won't be for good --and I do understand how much
time all this eats up; even when you aren't feeling attacked. I don't
even have time to read it all --let alone be fully engaged. Thank you
(from me) for your numerous contributions thus far.

--Merv Bitikofer (ASA member)