RE: [asa] scientific fact vs. ideology?

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Sat Mar 14 2009 - 09:33:34 EDT

It is a question of what inference does one make of the fact that the “distance” in DNA space between chimps and humans is close. People, scientists or otherwise, have to struggle with the question of what is the nature of humans vis-à-vis other aspects of Nature. In particular, what is truly to be a human? For Christians it reduces to the question, does the breath of God (Gen. 2:7) make any scientific sense or any sense at all? Remember even if I knew my whole genealogical tree, I would still have to struggle with the question, who am I?

Moorad