Re: [asa] on miracles

From: Don Winterstein <dfwinterstein@msn.com>
Date: Thu Mar 12 2009 - 02:31:17 EDT

Thanks for your thoughts.

You wrote: "...Distinguishing special guidance from front-loading from ordinary providence is not easy."

As I have such a difficult time taking front-loading seriously, I'd like to ask a question to improve my understanding of how others regard it. Namely, if God did everything through front-loading, would he have included a nearby supernova (Ordovician extinction) or an asteroid impact (K-T extinction) as an integral part of the process from before the Big Bang?

I suppose to ask the question is to answer it, but at the same time the thing boggles my mind. I really hope God doesn't have to deal with the amount of detail necessary to make something like that happen. If he does, I'm sorry. That's another reason why I prefer ongoing
"special guidance." It may not be philosophically or scientifically elegant, but it's so much more compatible with what I perceive as reality, so much easier for mortals to deal with.

Don