Re: [asa] scientific fact vs. ideology?

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 10 2009 - 14:11:05 EDT

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "acceptable." In any event, as to my
own view about IVF -- and I don't claim here or elsewhere to speak for
"evangelicals" generally -- I've said several times in this thread that I
think IVF is a rogue industry in need of regulation. While I sympathize
with people who have fertility problems, I don't think IVF, at least in the
form we now practice it, is an answer that society should promote. So, I
don't think I'm personally taking an inconsistent approach at all.

David W. Opderbeck
Associate Professor of Law
Seton Hall University Law School
Director, Gibbons Institute of Law, Science & Technology