Re: [asa] scientific fact vs. ideology?

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 10 2009 - 09:40:13 EDT

Yes, in the case of embryonic stem cells there is little disagreement
about the science, and the self-identified "scientific" policy is
merely one ideology among many.

In other cases, such as environmental or evolution, there is denial of
the science that could be described as disagreement about the science.
 Nevertheless, even in such cases, science is still descriptive.
Science cannot be morally prescriptive, as that is outside its scope.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections