Re: [asa] scientific fact vs. ideology?

From: <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Tue Mar 10 2009 - 09:02:57 EDT

I'm with you, Doug. But I wouldn't put too much stock in just the speech
content from presidents --ANY modern president. I'm sure the day was when
presidents wrote their own speeches. But somewhere between Lincoln and now we
probably are probably hearing more and more from speech writers who (while
certainly lined up with their president's IDEOLOGY, are still the ones inserting
the pithy phrases --like this less than reflective one.) Probably even Obama
is not immune. It's probably no more than a continuation of the eagerness of
this present administration's utmost wish to be oppositely contrasted with the
perceived anti-science of the last one.

--Merv