Re: [asa] on miracles

From: Merv Bitikofer <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Mon Mar 09 2009 - 08:31:40 EDT

Actually -- I could learn to like the word "tinker" as you use it. (I'm
envisioning a craftsman lovingly tinkering with his raw materials in his
workshop.) Just so long as we remove the pejorative connotation from it.

Regarding your Gould quote; has the 'controversy' --if it ever ranked
as that-- of evolution possibly having a naturally convergent nature
given the limiting set of constants and constraints; --has that ever
been laid to rest? The way Gould referred to it, as you quote below,
makes it sound wildly divergent like the 'butterfly effect'. Change one
little electron around in history and the whole thing replays entirely
differently. Is there now one reigning response from most scientists on
this one?

--Merv