Re: [asa] Article (in our local paper) on evolution mentions Collins

From: David Clounch <david.clounch@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Mar 07 2009 - 21:22:06 EST

OK, theological fundamentalism in Christianity is entirely different than
fundamentalism in the political sense or in the sense of any other
religion. So a fundamentalist, in Islam for example, does not carry the
same meaning as a theological fundamentalist in Christianity. But the media
wants to make people think the term means radical, and that Christians want
to blow things up and that they hate everyone. Its part of an agenda of
religious apartheid. Its very offensive.

Anybody ever hear of secular fundamentalism? Anybody know what that means?

One must be careful to define terms (and tenets and criteria) and not jump
to any conclusions.