Re: [asa] intervention

From: Merv Bitikofer <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Fri Mar 06 2009 - 18:55:09 EST

Keith Miller wrote:
> Nothing prohibits God from doing whatever God wants to do. The issue
> seems to me to be one of our understanding of God's character, not of
> God's capability. So one question would be why would God create the
> physical universe in such a way that God had to break chains of
> cause-and effect in order to accomplish God's will? Why would God
> create in such a way as to frustrate God's creative will.
Just to push you a bit on this, Keith: So was Jesus' little
constitutional on the water just a continuation of the created natural
course of things? We all agree that literal occurrences of folks
walking on deep water is not common or typical, whatever else it may
be. So didn't God create gravity and water to cause the denser things
to sink? While I agree with your sentiments and response below, surely
folks could be forgiven for thinking of such events as "interventions",
even if we don't fully understand nature to be making judgments on what
is 'out-of-bounds', (if indeed anything is), and what isn't. (Your
points below are well taken.) But we do know enough, as they did then
too, to recognize an astonishing thing when we see it.

--troublemaker Merv