Re: [asa] intervention

From: Terry M. Gray <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 06 2009 - 18:39:43 EST

George,

I don't really understand why "intervention" is contrary to
"hiddenness". What if God "intervenes" in ways that is
indistinguishable from "nature"? And, indeed, his "intervention" is
moment by moment. I'm not sure I like the word "intervention" here but
it makes the point. And this does not necessarily imply that God
directly causes everything. And furthermore, I don't really need to
come up with a physical explanation of how this works, i.e. appealing
to some aspect of quantum mechanics.

(And, yes, this is faith/theological claim and not a scientific one.)

TG